Monday, February 9, 2009

Tales from the Mid-West

So this past weekend I was in St. Louis, Missouri for Mid-Year Leadership Conference for my fraternity, Sigma Pi. The whole experience was just absolutely amazing!! I got to meet brothers from all over the country and some from the northeast as well. It was great to be close and to make connections with people from all over America. The whole time I did not sleep once because I was having such a good time with brothers from Illinois, West Virginia, California, Missouri, and more (for the sake of time I will have to spare the stories, but definitely ask and I will tell you all about it).


One thing that I did notice during the actual conference (when I wasn't indulging in adult beverages... don't worry Bjorn, I'm 21) was how technology has helped disperse information. There were many powerpoints used, as well as P.A.'s and microphones and such. I learned so much on how to be an effective Sage (I'm the president of the Bridgewater chapter) and I noticed that technology help the facilitators educate the throngs of Sigma Pi's in attendance.
This is a picture of me (bottom left in the black) with the brothers at University of Missouri-St. Louis in front of their house.

4 comments:

  1. that is an interesting observation about just how much technology is around us everyday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats awesome that you had a great time... and had a learning experience on top of it haha! Since I have never been in a sorority its nice to hear and (maybe hear more about) it! I feel like all you ever hear, mainly, about them in media is horror stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like so much fun!! and i agree with kevin that is such a weird observation to take in. but its true! i was in citizens bank the other day and they have a TV on just showing new things about the bank over and over...back in the day it would be a poster but now theres a TV projecting things everywhere...i can only imagine the graphics you saw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. IS THERE REALLY ANYTHING ELSE TO DO AT A CONFERENCE BESIDES DRINK?

    ReplyDelete