Wednesday, March 4, 2009

You're Infected

It astounds me how much nonsense the internet provides the public each day. Yes, I am talking about viral videos. Most viral videos I think are the funniest things I will ever see. Hollywood can spend millions of dollars on big blockbuster movies, but all I need is some skateboarder falling hard, some weird cartoon, or some random video jabbering on about nothing. YouTube seems to have a monopoly on virals since its the most widely used website for uploading videos to the internet. They have made such an impact on our society that viral videos from time to time are featured on the news and more recently have been the backdrop for the "Pork and Beans" music video by Weezer. Some virals are just commercials on TV while other are just some creative people messing around with a video camera. Below, I embedded two of my favorite virals (the first one is NSFW just for some cussing) and I will provide links for some other good ones.

Drinking Out of Cups


Cheerleading Dad


"Pork and Beans" by Weezer

Dennis Quaid on the Ellen Show

6 comments:

  1. haha i never saw the involvement one but drinking out of cups is classic. "Mr walkway mr walkdown me im the walkway lead me to the building..fuck you." Its so odd but its hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how videos like this become part of our culture. I dont know how i feel about it. It almost seems that society has been dumbed down to the point where this is addicting to us. Stupid little videos become part of our lives. If you haven't seen a certain video, people seem shocked. Its ridiculous. But at the same time...I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stupid videos are the best. When we look back on ourselves in many years, we will think of the beginning of the youtube esque idea. Still to this day i love watching Americas Funniest Home Videos, obviously it is not on the internet, but those videos crack me up everytime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are funny, i agree with the fact that stupid videos are always good

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha youtube is the best...the most idiotic stuff i have ever seen is on there...good title by the way..i feel infected by youtube...it is insane how much it has drawn my attention away from the television...

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHAT IS THIS A BLOG? YEAH RIGHT. HUH. BLOGS. I LOVE BLOGS THAT HAVE DESIGNS OF TOWELS. AND SEAHORSES.

    ReplyDelete