Monday, June 15, 2009

2 Weeks Left

So in two weeks I'll be leaving for China! I finished up my shopping and got most of the things I needed. I did get a pretty sweet digital camera (thanks Mom and Dad!) and many picture will be taken. I have already had one pre-departure class this past Friday. We were given the syllabus which states the course expectations and assignments for the class. I have another one coming up this Wednesday and I have to prepare a three minute presentation on one of our destinations, although I'm not quite sure which one I want to do.

I have yet to start writing in my journal, but I do intend on starting soon. Just to fill you all in on everything going on though, I'll tell you about what's up with me. I'm pretty anxious about leaving for China. I can't wait to leave and it's hard to be working and everything and not be thinking about my trip. I'm kind of stressed about packing my bags. I hate packing because I always worry that I'm going to forget something important. I'm also stressed about exchanging currency because I have lost my debit/ATM card and now I have to wait a week before I get it back. Other than that, I really really want to leave for China right now.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Erik

    It was good to see on campus this week. I’m happy your all set for your trip. I’m especially happy you’ve got your digital camera. As for the stress you are enduring it is natural. We all forget something. Just remember the most important thing is passport and currency. Currency exchange is kind of confusing. Every time you use foreign currency you have to keep translating into dollars in your head. I think one of the biggest impacts your always have with this trip to China, is the journal you’ll keep and the stories you’ll share.
    I’ll keep reading,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete